Benjamin Elman, PhD
Director, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Assistant Professor
- B.A., Middlesex University (UK)
- M.S., Baruch College, CUNY
- Ph.D., Hofstra University
- Gender in hiring: how sexism influences evaluations of atypical men and atypical women seeking leadership positions.
- LinkedIn and impression management: How different job types use LinkedIn, what their profiles say about them, and what gender differences exist that may be holding back women.
- Cross-Cultural studies between UK, USA and India.
- Membership: American Psychological Association (APA)
- Membership: Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Membership: Society of Industrial Organizational Psychologists (SIOP)
- Membership: Metropolitan New York Association of Applied Psychology (METRO)
Zide, J., Elman, B., & Shahani-Denning, C. (2014). LinkedIn and recruitment: how profiles differ across occupations. Employee Relations, 36(5), 583-604.