Open House for Our New PsyD Program
Join us at our virtual open house to learn more about our new PsyD program in Clinical Psychology starting in Fall 2022.
The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)* in Clinical Psychology, Health Emphasis, within The School of Health Sciences of Touro College, includes a rigorous academic program and essential clinical experiences that will prepare you to obtain your licensure in the State of New York and to work as a psychologist in traditional mental health settings as well as in an increasingly integrated healthcare system.
With only 15 students accepted each year, this is a highly competitive program requiring a minimum of four full-time academic years of graduate study plus a full year clinical internship prior to receiving the doctoral degree.
About our PsyD program:
- Located in the heart of NYC, the program is integrated into The School of Health Sciences of Touro College and operating in collaboration with Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (TouroCOM)
- Students experience broad and general training in evidence-based clinical psychology as outlined by the APA Commission on Accreditation
- Distinctive health emphasis will prepare you to work as clinicians and researchers in a wide variety of settings
- Students completing this program will meet the educational requirements to sit for licensure in the State of New York
Attend our open house to learn about:
- How our program differs from other local PsyD programs
- Our unique curriculum
- The admissions process (including interviews) and timelines
- Cost and potential financial aid opportunities
- Our faculty areas of clinical expertise and research
- APA accreditation
Haven't covered something? Ask your questions at the Q&A sessions!
The PsyD Program at the School of Health Sciences of Touro College is approved by the NYS Department of Education. The program has been developed in accordance with APA accreditation guidelines and we intend to apply for APA accreditation at the earliest possible time.