We encourage applications from those employed in counseling or a related field who are ready to advance their skills and careers.
The program is challenging, as is the process of gaining licensure, however students will encounter numerous growth and learning opportunities. We are particularly interested in students who are interested in working with populations that have long been underserved and underrepresented.
Requirements for Admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program:
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- A minimum of 12 semester hours of psychology courses or related social science courses AND a course in statistics
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be included unopened and sent in with your complete application packet
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Each applicant will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample
- Two letters of reference from employers and/or professors. These letters should address the candidate’s ability to succeed in graduate school.
- A personal statement of the applicant’s goals and objectives, including reasons for choosing the field of Mental Health Counseling and for applying to Touro College
- Proof of immunization: MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not attend secondary school or college in an English-speaking country must show proficiency in the English language. This can be demonstrated in one of three ways: TOEFL test: a minimum score of either 600 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based); IELTS test: a minimum Band score of 6; PTE test: a minimum score of 58
A passing score on the GRE may be submitted in conjunction with an in-depth review of other supporting documents/qualifications for consideration in cases where a candidate is missing some of the academic requirements.
Ready to Apply?
We offer rolling admissions for Fall 2019.
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions (Mail to: Touro College Graduate Admissions 320 W 31st Street, Room 138, New York, NY 10001)
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro College
- Proof of immunization
Reach out to the admissions office with any questions.
Office of Admissions
320 West 31st Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 463-0400 x 55119