Kenneth Steier, DO, MBA, MPH, MHA, MGH
School of Health Sciences, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Harlem, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Middletown
Kenneth J. Steier is the executive dean and chief academic officer at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, Harlem, Middletown, and Great Falls campuses. He is board certified in internal, pulmonary and critical care medicine. He holds master’s degrees in business administration, public health, geriatric health, and health administration. Dr. Steier has been published in the Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, Postgraduate Medicine, Osteopathic Medical News and the Hospital Physician.
Dr. Steier formerly served as Associate Dean and Chair of the Department of Medicine at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, as well as a Clinical Assistant Dean at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is an accreditation surveyor for the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), a grant reviewer for the Health Resources Services Administration and a consultant for the Food and Drug Administration. He received a bachelor of science in biology from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and his doctor of osteopathic medicine degree from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Steier is a frequent guest as a medical expert on CBS radio, Channel 4 News in New York and Channel 12 News in Long Island. Dr. Steier has been a HRSA Peer Reviewer for 15 years, serving as a panel chair for the last five years, facilitating the review of Title VII training grants. In addition, Dr. Steier is a National Health Service Corps Scholar, having completed a public health service four year commitment in rural Monroe, Louisiana from 1992 to 1996.
- DO, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MBA, Hofstra University
- MPH, MHA, MGH, AT Still University
- BS, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Steier, K. J. (2021, April 16). Medical education in the era of COVID-19: A firsthand experience at TouroCOM [presentation]. NYYSOMS Virtual Regional Osteopathic Convention, New York.
- Steier. K. [2021, January 14). Vaccine Panel [Moderator]. Orange County Department of Health.
- Steier, K. J. (2020, May 7). Patient safety and resident training [Presentation]. Ground Rounds at Orange Regional Medical Center.
- Steier, K. J. (2020, May 5). Conversation with Senator Metzger on Coronavirus Pandemic. Facebook Live.
- Steier, K. (2019). Residents Role in Creating a Climate of Patient Safety: Understanding, Preventing and Reporting. Retrieved from https://touroscholar.touro.edu/tcomny_pubs/67
- MPAN 628 Essential Diagnostic Modalities and Clinical Procedures
- MPAN 673 Clinical Medicine IV (Correlative Medicine)
- MPAN 659 Master's Capstone
- MPAN 636 Clinical Skills / Summative Eval
In The News
Touro College graduates 135 physicians, Mid Hudson News
Great Falls celebrates expanded dental program, med school groundbreaking, Independent Record
Mother of seven added to her family at medical school, The Sunday Times
TouroCOM honored for diversity and inclusion, New York Amsterdam News
Touro med school to add PA program, upgrade Middletown campus. Abilene Reporter-News
Touro medical students graduate into the coronavirus pandemic front lines, Times Herald-Record
The difference between D.O. and M.D. degrees, Yahoo News