The Master's in Speech Language Pathology (SLP) program is approximately two years.
In order to apply, you will need to meet or be able to acquire our essential skills, our academic requirements, and follow the application steps, submitting all appropriate materials.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0. Applicants should arrange to have official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended submitted directly to the Office of Student Services at:
Touro College School of Health Sciences
Office of Student Services
1700 Union Blvd.
Bay Shore, NY 11706
email@example.com (for electronic transcripts)
- Official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test. Our college code for submitting GRE scores is 2902.
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in Speech from a regionally accredited institution OR
A baccalaureate degree in a related field, provided the following prerequisites have been completed (numbers shown in parentheses are for undergraduate courses offered in Touro's Lander Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Speech Communications major):
- Phonetics (COC 208)
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech (COC 209)
- Normal Speech and Language Development (COC 210)
- Speech and Hearing Science (COC 308)
- Audiology (COC 309)
- Communication Disorders (COC 310)
- Speech Pathology/Rehabilitation (COC 401)
- In addition, basic coursework in the behavioral, biological and physical sciences, as well as a course in statistics, are required.
- Highly recommended: one course in psycholinguistics and one in aural rehabilitation
- Applicants whose native language is not English, or who did not graduate from a college in the USA or other English-speaking country, must also demonstrate proficiency in English through satisfactory performance on the TOEFL examination or IELTS examination. Our international student services department can help with any questions.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum score of either 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (Internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum score of 6
- Pearson’s Test of English – Academic (PTE) – minimum score of 58
Admission to the SLP program is on a selective basis. A personal interview and a writing sample may be requested.
A maximum of 12 credits may be transferred from an accredited graduate program. The acceptance of courses is at the program's discretion. Please see the School of Health Sciences Bulletin in the Students section of the website for further information on transfer credits.
Questions? Contact us.
1700 Union Blvd, Bay Shore, NY 11706