Dates & Deadlines
For a FALL start, the application deadline is August 20
For a SPRING start, the application deadline is December 20.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE ONLY: Advanced Certificate students can start in the summer. The application deadline for a summer start is May 20.
Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
General Admission Requirements for Applied Behavior Analysis:
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be included unopened and sent in with your complete application packet
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Each applicant will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample
- Two letters of reference from employers and/or professors. These letters should address the candidate’s ability to succeed in graduate school
- A personal statement of the applicant’s goals and objectives, including reasons for choosing the field of Applied Behavior Analysis and for applying to Touro College
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not attend secondary school or college in an English-speaking country must show proficiency in the English language. This can be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- TOEFL test: a minimum score of either 600 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS test: a minimum Band score of 6
- PTE test: a minimum score of 58
- Proof of immunization: MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
Specific Master’s Program Requirements:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate course in introductory psychology (required)
- Undergraduate course in research design or experimental methods (preferred)
Specific Advanced Certificate Program Requirements:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in psychology, education, applied behavior analysis (ABA) or related field from an accredited institution (please note that a degree in speech therapy does not meet this requirement)
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.0
Ready to Apply?
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions (must be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 320 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001)
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro College
- Proof of immunization
NOTE: all supporting documents (recommendation letters, resume, personal statement, unofficial transcripts, and immunization records) can be emailed to Roza.Tolsen@touro.edu.
Credits to be transferred must be submitted upon application to the Program Coordinator and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Online Application Instructions:
- Location where you wish to apply: select "Touro College"
- School/College to which you wish to apply: select "Touro College School of Health Sciences"
- Degree Program for which you wish to apply: select "MS in Applied Behavior Analysis" or “Advanced Certificate Program in Behavior Analysis”
Reach out to the admissions office with any questions.
Office of Admissions
320 West 31st Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 463-0400 x 55119
Fax: (212) 627-3695