Dates & Deadlines
For a FALL start, the application deadline is August 10.
For a SPRING start, the application deadline is December 18.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE ONLY: Advanced Certificate students can start in the summer. The application deadline for a SUMMER start is May 20.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, so it’s best to get your applications in as soon as possible.
General Admission Requirements for Applied Behavior Analysis:
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be included unopened and sent in with your complete application packet.
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Each applicant will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample.
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not attend secondary school or college in an English-speaking country must show proficiency in the English language. This can be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- TOEFL test: a minimum score of either 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS test: a minimum Band score of 6
- PTE test: a minimum score of 58
Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Specific Master’s Program Requirements:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate course in introductory psychology (required)
- Undergraduate course in research design or experimental methods (preferred)
Specific Advanced Certificate Program Requirements:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in psychology, education, applied behavior analysis (ABA) or related field from an accredited institution (please note that a degree in speech therapy does not meet this requirement)
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.0
Ready to Apply?
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to: Office of Admissions 202 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036 or submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro University
- Proof of immunization
NOTE: all supporting documents (recommendation letters, personal statement, unofficial transcripts, and immunization records) can be emailed to email@example.com.
Credits to be transferred must be submitted upon application to the Program Coordinator and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Reach out to the admissions office with any questions.
Office of Admissions
202 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
Tel: (212) 463-0400 x 55119
Fax: (212) 627-3695