Dates & Deadlines
For a FALL start, the application deadline is August 20
For a SPRING start, the application deadline is December 20.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE ONLY: Advanced Certificate students can start in the summer. The application deadline for a summer start is May 20.
Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
General Admission Requirements for Applied Behavior Analysis:
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be included unopened and sent in with your complete application packet
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Each applicant will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample
- Two letters of reference from employers and/or professors. These letters should address the candidate’s ability to succeed in graduate school
- A personal statement of the applicant’s goals and objectives, including reasons for choosing the field of Applied Behavior Analysis and for applying to Touro College
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not attend secondary school or college in an English-speaking country must show proficiency in the English language. This can be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- TOEFL test: a minimum score of either 600 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS test: a minimum Band score of 6
- PTE test: a minimum score of 58
- Proof of immunization: MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
Specific Master’s Program Requirements:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate course in introductory psychology (required)
- Undergraduate course in research design or experimental methods (preferred)
Specific Advanced Certificate Program Requirements:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in psychology, education, applied behavior analysis (ABA) or related field from an accredited institution (please note that a degree in speech therapy does not meet this requirement)
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.0
Ready to Apply?
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions (must be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 320 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001)
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro College
- Proof of immunization
Credits to be transferred must be submitted upon application to the Program Coordinator and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Online Application Instructions:
- Location where you wish to apply: select "Touro College"
- School/College to which you wish to apply: select "Touro College School of Health Sciences"
- Degree Program for which you wish to apply: select "MS in Applied Behavior Analysis" or “Advanced Certificate Program in Behavior Analysis”
Reach out to our program director, Dr. Karrie Lindeman, with any questions.