We're accepting applications for Fall 2021. We encourage applications from those employed in counseling or a related field who are ready to advance their skills and careers.
The program is challenging, as is the process of gaining licensure, so expect to encounter numerous growth and learning opportunities! We are particularly interested in students who are interested in working with populations that have long been underserved and underrepresented.
Requirements for Admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- A minimum of 12 semester hours of psychology courses or related social science courses AND a course in statistics
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be included unopened and sent in with your complete application packet
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Each applicant will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample
- Two letters of reference from employers and/or professors. These letters should address the candidate’s ability to succeed in graduate school.
- A personal statement of the applicant’s goals and objectives, including reasons for choosing the field of Mental Health Counseling and for applying to Touro College
- Proof of immunization: MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- Students whose native language is not English, or who did not graduate from high school or college in the USA or other English-speaking country, must also demonstrate proficiency in English through satisfactory performance on one of the following English proficiency examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum score of either 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (Internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum Band score of 6
- Pearson’s Test of English – Academic (PTE) – minimum score of 58
A passing score on the GRE may be submitted in conjunction with an in-depth review of other supporting documents/qualifications for consideration in cases where a candidate is missing some of the academic requirements. Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Ready to Apply?
Application deadline for Fall 2021 is July 15th.
Spring Admission is limited to applicants who have already completed the program's MNHN 600 - Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling course before the start of the semester, and to transfer applicants. Administrative approval is required.
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions (must be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 320 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001 or submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro College
- Proof of immunization
NOTE: all supporting documents (recommendation letters, resume, personal statement, unofficial transcripts, and immunization records) can be emailed to email@example.com.
Reach out to the admissions office with any questions.
Office of Admissions
320 West 31st Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 463-0400 x 55119
Fax: (212) 627-3695