We welcome professionals from all backgrounds to apply.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from organizational consultants, human resource management professionals, psychologists, educators, school administrators, business and psychology undergraduates, and others who are interested in broadening their career options within global organizations and independent consultancies.
Fall Start: Application deadline for fall classes is July 25th.
Spring Start: Application deadline for spring classes is December 26th.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, so it’s best to get your applications in as soon as possible.
All applicants to the MS program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Undergraduate statistics course (with a grade of B or higher)
- Pre-requisite courses in introductory psychology, research design, and experimental psychology strongly recommended
- An interview (individual or group) by faculty member(s). Applicants will be asked to provide a brief spontaneous writing sample.
- HR experience preferred
- GRE preferred but not required
- Applicants whose native language is not English, or who did not graduate from high school or college in the USA or other English-speaking country, must also demonstrate proficiency in English through satisfactory performance on one of the following English proficiency examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum score of either 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (Internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum Band score of 6
- Pearson’s Test of English – Academic (PTE) – minimum score of 58
Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
F1 international students who graduate from our I-O Master's program are now eligible for 3 years of post-graduate employment (OPT) in the US. The Department of Homeland Security recognizes the importance of the field and the scientific, evidence-based study of the workplace, and recently approved I-O Psychology as a STEM-designated degree.
Ready to Apply?
The application deadline is the end of July and we admit on a rolling basis, so apply early.
Every applicant must fill out the online application, which includes:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institutions. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to: Office of Admissions 320 West 31st Street, 1st Floor New York, NY 10001 or submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two recommendation letters from employers and/or professors
- Personal statement of goals and objectives, including your reasons for choosing this field and Touro College
- Proof of immunization
NOTE: all supporting documents (recommendation letters, resume, personal statement, unofficial transcripts, and immunization records) can be emailed to email@example.com.
Reach out to the admissions office with any questions.
Office of Admissions
320 West 31st Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 463-0400 x 55119
Fax: (212) 627-3695